acetaminophen elixir Drug Facts
Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
Active ingredient (in each 5 mL = 1 teaspoon)
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/Fever reducer
- reduces fever
- relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
This product contains acetaminophen.
Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning
if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- shake well before using
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
- do not give more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor
- only use enclosed measuring cup
||Dose (tsp or mL)
||ask a doctor
||1 tsp or 5 mL
||1½ tsp or 7.5 mL
||2 tsp or 10 mL
||2½ tsp or 12.5 mL
||3 tsp or 15 mL
- Store at room temperature 15º - 30ºC (59º - 86ºF)
- Protect from Freezing.
- Protect from Light.
- each teaspoon (5 mL) contains: sodium 7 mg
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF PRINTED INNER CAP SEAL IS BROKEN OR MISSING
citric acid, FD&C red # 40, FD&C blue # 1, flavor, glycerin. PEG 400, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, water.
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
||HUMAN OTC DRUG
||NDC Product Code (Source)
|Route of Administration
|Active Ingredient/Active Moiety|
||Basis of Strength
||160 mg in 5 mL
|CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE
|FD&C RED NO. 40
|FD&C BLUE NO. 1
|POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400
||Application Number or Monograph Citation
||Marketing Start Date
||Marketing End Date
|OTC MONOGRAPH NOT FINAL
Revised: 04/2013Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation
|Labeler - Rij Pharmaceutical Corporation